Regulation 10 reads “Every employer must ensure that any employee employed by that employer is given adequate information, instruction and training where that employees or is liable to be exposed to asbestos, or if that employee supervises such employees so that those employees are aware of;
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including its interaction with smoking,
- the types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos,
- the operations which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of preventive controls to minimise exposure,
- safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment,
- the purpose, choice, limitations, proper use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment,
- emergency procedures,
- hygiene requirements,
- decontamination procedures,
- waste handling procedures,
- medical examination requirements, and
- the control limit and the need for air monitoring,
- in order to safeguard themselves and other employees;
or when an employee carries out work in connection with the employer’s duties under these Regulations, so that the employee can carry out that work effectively”.
How We Can Help?
Scopus Asbestos Compliance and our trusted partners deliver the main types of Asbestos Training required to satisfy Regulation 10 of CAR 2012;
Category A – Asbestos Awareness Training, which is appropriate for those people who do not work on asbestos containing materials however require training to enable them to identify asbestos containing materials or undertake their job with an appreciation for Asbestos legislation.
Category B – Training for Non-Licensable Asbestos Work, applicable to operatives who carry out small works on asbestos containing materials.
Category C – Training for Licensable Asbestos Work which is for companies that hold a license issued by HSE that allows them to remove asbestos.
All of our asbestos training partners have been independently audited to prove competence and compliance with asbestos legislation. Whether you prefer face to face training, online training, UKATA or IATP; between Scopus and our partners, we will arrange the course for you!
Our partner scan also provide other management level training whether it be a tailored bespoke course to meet your requirements or even an industry recognised BOHS P-series training course specific to surveying and/or managing buildings; these may include:
- Management Level Client Training; covering Industry Key Regulations, ACOPs and HSE Guidance
- P402 – Surveying and Sampling for Asbestos
- P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- Category A, B & C Training for Asbestos
- UKATA, IATP, Online and Face to Face options for Awareness Training
- Bespoke Training for Duty Holders or Site Managers
- Industry Qualifications for Surveyors or Client Site/Property Managers
- Refresher Training for the above Courses (annual)
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Continue Towards Compliance